Commercial Moving Essentials Not to Overlook
Posted on Jul 9th, 2014
Commercial moves aren’t the same as residential moves, but just as much preparation needs to go into the move, and, unfortunately, just as much stress in compounded by the move. There is so much concern, and so much preparation, and one minor detail overlooked could mean the difference of complete chaos. Not to mention an error that could result in the productivity of your company. You will have at least a month of preparation before the big move, which is where a good plan will come into play. With a good plan, your commercial relocation should go as smooth as possible.
First, get the idea that commercial relocations are simply gathering up the boxes and tucking equipment and cords into the boxes and quickly labeling the boxes. There is much more to a commercial move than just packing and unpacking and a good Sydney moving company will be a true asset in a commercial move. Aside from gathering up your packing supplies and hiring a commercial moving company in Sydney, you will also need to break things down accurately, labeling the cords and components of equipment, so when you arrive at your new place, you don’t open a box of cords and wonder what machine or equipment outlet it belongs to. There’s also packing of important documents, and concern of their security in moving- another very important reason for a Sydney Removalist, as well as a check-list. Your check-list should be one that is thorough and one that you begin to check things off in advance.
The larger your office, the more complicated your relocation. With planning, the smoother your move will be. Let’s take a look at some absolute essentials for a Sydney commercial move.
Commercial Moving Check-list
One to Two Months in Advance
- Choose your moving date. The moving date should be scheduled for a time when it will least disrupt your business, and you will be able to concentrate on the move, as well as enjoy the move.
- Obtain moving estimates from multiple Sydney relocation companies. This should be done at least a month or two in advance to have time to shop and compare the various moving companies in Sydney.
Six Weeks in Advance
- Select your moving company. The company should be fully licensed and insured and specialize in commercial moves.
- Start to get rid of items that you won’t be moving to your new building. When going through the items have a box to put the items in to donate to a charitable organization or church.
- Begin to collect your packing supplies. Start to collect your boxes, tape, bubble wrap, blankets and other materials that you will require for a safe move.
One Month in Advance
- Let your employees and customers know that you will be moving, the date and your new location. It is important that employees are able to prepare, just as customers, as it will have an impact on them, as well.
- Begin to pack. If you are packing yourself, then you want to start the process a month prior to your move. Begin to pack away things that you won’t be using until you get to your new location.
- Notify your utility and service companies about your change of address. This include your phone company, Internet services, mail, and all other services that you will need to transfer to your new address to be sure your new building is ready for business when you arrive.
Two Weeks in Advance
- Contact your moving company to confirm your moving date.
- Check with your building to determine if any moving permits and insurance are required.
- Determine a space for your moving truck to get as near as possible to the building. Overseeing this now will ensure that when moving day rolls around, you will be as productive as possible.
- Request that your movers provide you with a packet detailing the different elements of the moving industry compiled by the state. The information in this packet will help to familiarize you with the different procedures throughout the day.
- Step back and allow the moving company to do their work. You hired a moving company because they have the expertise to get the job done, and get it done right. Allow the Sydney movers to work efficiently and effectively, by not getting in the way.
Using this check-list will help to ensure a smooth commercial move. The main element of any commercial move is proper planning. Allow yourself plenty of time and plan and prepare. For more great commercial relocation tips, or to discuss your commercial move with a first rate moving company in Sydney, contact Removalists Sydney Co. Not only do they have years of experience in commercial moves, they offer quality moves at affordable prices.